- Dinner at Smoque BBQ (nom, nom, nom)
- Some day drinking with some friends in lieu of St. Patty's day (not the same thing, I promise)
- Art opening at FLATStudio (finally had some Koval libation)
- Headed to a conference for work in Anaheim (no Disneyland, though)
- GLAAD Mad Hatter brunch (thank you, Ketel One)
- Easter with my second family (they are the best!)
- Birthday celebrations (with an old and new friend)
- Filed and paid my taxes (bye-bye nice vacation and fine jewelry)
Tonight I decided to treat myself for finally filing my taxes by opening up one of my favorite bottles of wine, Justin Cabernet Sauvignon. It is one of the best Cabs I have had for about $20 a bottle. It is easy to drink, hints of cherry and blackberries, and is not heavy on the tannins. Now, I don't know if this description is correct but it's what I taste. Sommelier in training, over here.
I wanted something easy to cook for dinner since I was celebrating so I made roasted garlic parmesan shrimp with spinach and cheese stuffed mushrooms (from Trader Joe's) and a simple arugula salad. It was so good and easy to whip up. If you haven't had the chance to roast your shrimp, I highly recommend it. It is delish and fast to make. I have to thank my girl, Ina Garten for the suggestion.